Decimal To Hex
Type or copy-paste the decimal value you want to convert to HEX. Or upload the text file from your computer. Click the “Convert to HEX” button and watch the converted digit, translate into HEX instantly. Use the “Copy to Clipboard” button for copying the Hexadecimal value or the “Download” button and save as .txt file. Remember to add this tool as favourite for quick access.
Share on Social Media:
Decimal to Hexadecimal Table
To convert the decimal number system to hex, students have to remember the table given below, to solve the problems in a quick way.
How to Convert Decimal to Hexadecimal?
Go through the steps given below to learn how to convert the numbers from decimal to hex.
Tto convert decimal to hexadecimal (HEX), you need to do some basic calculations using the following steps.
- Step 1: Divide the given decimal number system value by 16 and note the remainder.
- Step 2: Divide the quotient by 16. Repeat this until you get a quotient equal to zero.
- Step 3: Use the characters A, B, C, D, E, F in place of 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 in the remainders respectively, wherever needed.
- Step 4: Follow the reverse order pattern to arrange all the values of the remainder.
- Step 5: The obtained number is the required hexadecimal number.
The Decimal to hexadecimal conversion formula of given numbers can be expressed as;
P10 = Q16
where P is a decimal number and Q is a hexadecimal number.
Note that from 0 to 9, the numbers will be counted as the same in the decimal system. But from 10 to 15, they are expressed in alphabetical order such as A, B, C, D, E, F and so on.
To better understand this conversion, here is an example to understand how the conversion from decimal to hex is like;
Example: Convert (960)10 into hexadecimal.
Solution: To convert decimal to hex, i.e. 960 base 10 to a hexadecimal number, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: First, divide 960 by 16.
960 ÷ 16 = 60 and remainder = 0
Step 2: Again, divide quotient 60 by 16.
60 ÷ 16 = 3 and remainder 12.
Step 3: Again dividing 3 by 16, will leave quotient=0 and remainder = 3.
Step 4: Now taking the remainder in reverse order and substituting the equivalent hexadecimal value for them, we get,
3→3, 12→C and 0→0
Therefore, (960)10 = (3C0)16